Friday, April 18, 2014

KHo's Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies



Okay so since my Rhabdo incident, I couldn't workout for awhile so my new hobby became cooking and baking.  When I first made these Paleo cookies, I didn't have the ingredients that I needed so I had to make a few adjustments.  I've made 3 different batches since that time and I think this recipe is a winner.  I keep getting messages asking for the recipe so I figured I'd make a blog out of it and share it with all of you!  Super easy, super yummy, super paleo!

Ingredients:
Almond Flour (I mixed some regular almond meal from TJs and some blanched from Whole Foods) - 1.5 cups
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Sea Salt - 1/4 tsp
Coconut Oil (melted) - 2 tbsp
Organic Maple Agave Syrup blend from Trader Joe's - 1/4 cup
1 egg
Chocolate Chips - 1/2 cup

Preparation Method:
1.) Mix dry ingredients in bowl (baking soda, almond flour and sea salt). 
2.) In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients (melted coconut oil, maple/agave syrup, egg)
3.) Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
4.) Add Chocolate chips in and mix well again.
5.)  Refrigerate batter for 20 minutes so it is easier to make into balls of dough.
6.)  Preheat oven to 350.
7.)  Prep cookie baking sheet with parchment paper so cookies don't stick to sheet.
8.)  After dough has been refrigerated, roll into small balls and place on cookie sheet.
9.)  Bake for 15 minutes.
10.)  Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack. 
11.)  Enjoy!!!



This is a super easy recipe.  If you have coconut flour and want to throw some in there too, I would do 1 1/4 cups almond flour and 1/4 coconut flour.  That's actually what I did to get the cookies you see in these photos.  For simplicity sake, I left the recipe above with only almond flour.

Also, if you want your cookies flatter, you can use a spoon and flatten the balls of dough before placing in oven.  I left mine as balls and they came out taller and thicker as you can see in my photo.  Do whatever tickles your fancy.  These treats should be made with love so do what your heart desires!

So here is one of many recipes that I have yet to share!  I hope you enjoy your Paleo cookies.  I know I am! LOL

Love,
Cookie Monster aka KHo


No comments:

Post a Comment